Monday, September 14, 2009

Up





Just like the previous Pixar animated films, Up is a well produced and well made film. The content of the animated film is still as full as before. The most important is, Up won both the critics and box office(No. 2 highest grossing of Pixar!!!).
But somehow, I just don't feel it is as funny and touching if compare with some of Pixar's earlier works such as Toy's Stories, A Bug's Life, Monsters, and Cars. There aren't any significant part/scene which can give deep impression to me. I not really into Ratatouille, but I still have a favorite scene from it, which is the chasing scene among Remy and the bad chef, when the bad chef pull off the table cloth before he falls, he pulled the table cloth just so fast until the things on the table still remain and the couple of the table don't even realize it because they are so much in love. I not really into Wall-E, but the scene when Wall-E dance with Eva by using fire extinguisher + the background music is my favorite part, as well as the BnL thingy. But I got nothing from Up...

For me, it worth a B+, which is far away from failing, but no matter how also cannot get an A.

From now on, I think I don't want to watch animation in 3D theater, because not much difference between watching with 3D glasses and normal mode for animation.



My ranking for the summer 2009 movies that I have watched so far:
01. District 9
02. Star Trek
03. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
04. Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
05. Up
06. Drag Me to Hell
07. Terminator Salvation
08. Angels & Demons
09. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
11. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
12. Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian











No comments: