Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gran Torino

2-Time Academy Award Best Director Winner - Clint Eastwood

I love Clint Eastwood's movies. No matter directed or acted or both. At the age of 79 this year, he still very passionate and active in his works, and all his works are Oscar-quality.

As for what I remember, I have watched Clint Eastwood's For a Few Dollars More(1967) , The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly(1968), Unforgiven(1992), Million Dollar Baby(2004) and this Gran Torino(2008). My DVD for Mystic River(2003) and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil(1997) got problem.

For Unforgiven(1992), I watched at least 3 times!!!

Gran Torino portraits the hateful old man and his two-face realistic children extremely detailed. How the old man get along with his Korean neighbours, how his Korean neighbours changed his attitude and how he changed his Korean neighours' life. This film is unexpected touching as well.

Will watch his Changeling(2008) very soon.












No comments: