Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach


Not all the songs from Gorillaz can be digested by me.

Basically, I love 19-2000, Clint Eastwood, and Feel Good Inc., but sorry for the rest of the songs in their albums, even the first single Stylo in this new album.

For their latest album Plastic Beach, I would like to share some of the songs which I like:
- Superfast Jellyfish Ft. Gruff Rhys & De La Soul
- Empire Ants Ft. Little Dragon
- Some Kind of Nature Ft. Lou Reed
- On Melancholy Hill
- Plastic Beach Ft. Mick Jones & Paul Simon
- To Binge Ft. Little Dragon

Some Kind of Nature Ft. Lou Reed is catchy. Lou Reed is great to be featured with Gorillaz, just as great as featuring with The Killers. Isk, remind me Tranquilize again, vocal of Brandon Flower + Lou Reed = PERFECT

Empire Ants and To Binge featuring Little Dragon are nice. Little Dragon's vocalist is a Swedish-Japanese singer Yukimi Nagano who got a seductive voice.

I would say a big NO to those featuring Mos Def and Snoop Dogg.

On Melancholy Hill is just tooooooooooo gooooooooood. For me, it is the best of the entire album. It is not a hard-to-sing song, doesn't require any supersonic high "dolphin pitch" or rock the lung out or whatsoever, but the rhythm is relaxing, enjoying and feel like twisting my body and head slowly leading by the rhythm itself. I can repeat playing On Melancholy Hill for 1 hour. Really never expected Gorillaz will come out with this type of surprisingly nice hit, just like the surprise given by Oasis in Dig Out Your Soul with I'm Outta Time.

Don't know why, when Damon Albarn is damn successful when transform into Gorillaz, especially in US, but cannot create any surprise for US market/listeners when he uses back his original form, Blur. If in UK, yes, both Gorillaz and Blur are number one.












No comments: